Call Us About Sleep Apnea Treatment Today
- Get the rest you need
- Identify and address issues right away
- Prevent future issues with hypertension, memory loss, diabetes, weight gain, and more
- Reduce morning headaches, sore throat, and daytime sleepiness
- Wear an oral device that’s compact, comfortable, and easy to use.
A disorder that results in disrupted or paused breathing during the night, in some cases, sleep apnea causes people to experience these episodes 60 or more times each hour, with each having the potential to last for up to 30 seconds. In an eight-hour time span, that’s almost FOUR hours of limited or paused breathing!
As a general dentistry practice that’s well-versed in treated sleep apnea, we’d love to help you get the restful sleep you want and need.
Are you experiencing snoring while you sleep? Here are a few facts to keep in mind:
- Sleep apnea increases your risk of diabetes, weight gain, hypertension, memory problems, or premature death.
- The CDC reports that up to 6,000 fatal crashes each year are caused by drowsy driving.
- Risk factors include age, obesity, menopause, craniofacial abnormalities, smoking, alcohol use, and family history.
- While it’s common that a partner will identify sleep apnea in a loved one, what happens if you live alone? This checklist will help you determine if you should be checked for sleep apnea.
Do you experience...
- morning headaches
- depression or irritability
- waking with a sore or dry throat
- difficulty concentrating
- disturbed sleep
- learning and memory difficulties
- sleepiness while at work, on the phone, or while driving.
If you display one or many of these symptoms, a sleep study can be prescribed by your primary care physician. And while a CPAP machine may be recommended, not everyone can tolerate this form of treatment, which makes a secondary dental appliance that’s custom-fitted to your smile an option.
Here are some of its benefits:
- convenience – following your diagnosis, we’ll craft it for you, ensuring that it’s adjusted perfectly to your mouth and jaw
- portable – fits in most pockets
- comfortable – small, light & unobtrusive
- non-surgical – meaning, it’s downtime-free!
Curious about whether you’re a candidate for this sleep apnea appliance? Call us today and let’s talk about your unique needs!